Membership in PRSSA means making connections, networking with like-minded individuals and gaining access to communication professionals and Murrow alumni. PRSSA looks great on your resume, puts you in direct line for professional contacts and gives you the confidence you need to land that internship or nail the interview. Don’t fear it – take the risk and see for yourself how much can benefit from joining the professional club designed for your future.
LOCAL CHAPTER BENEFITS
- Networking with peer Communication students, faculty, alumni and professionals
- Memberships meetings featuring speakers, panels and workshops across all Communication disciplines
- Events and fundraisers
- Opportunities for holding leadership roles as Chapter Officer or committee member
- Access to regional conferences and competitions
- Great resume-building opportunities and status
- Hands-on experience with our student-run firm, Murrow Public Relations
- Exclusive access to PRSSA national member benefits
[SOURCE: PRSSA.org Membership]
Enhance Your Education. We can recommend great places to study public relations, and then help you get the experience, achievements and practical knowledge employers are seeking. PRSSA offers internship listings, competitions, and Chapter and National leadership opportunities; scholarships and leadership awards; and publications, news and social media to keep you updated on industry trends.
Broaden Your Network. PRSSA can connect you to lifelong opportunity, experience and professional growth. Develop valuable relationships with future colleagues through PRSSA National and regional events, PRSSA Chapters, PRSSA social media or Chapter and National leadership opportunities. Meet current professionals at your PRSA sponsor Chapter, through the Champions for PRSSA or by searching the PRSA member directory.
Launch Your Career. As a PRSSA member, you can use the PRSA Jobcenter to find public relations employment opportunities all over the world. You also may join PRSA for just $60 a year as an Associate Member when you graduate, connecting you to 110 Chapters, 16 Professional Interest Sections, and resources especially for new professionals.
- Scholarships and Awards— PRSSA awards nearly $30,000 through scholarship and awards programs annually
- Dr. F. H. Teahan National Chapter Awards
- PRSSA Website: resource-rich site providing professional development resources, internship listings, Society news, and links to
- other public relations resources
- PRSSA Internship Center: In addition to internship opportunity listing, this section also contains resources about résumé and cover letter writing, portfolio assembly, interviews, networking, job search strategies and careers in public relations
- PRSA Jobcenter: Providing job listings, career advice and tools to tailor job searches
- MyPRSA— Launched as a resource for PRSA and PRSSA members to update their information with Headquarters staff and receive access to a database of industry specific articles and award-winning public relations case studies
- National and regional conferences
- Access to and publishing opportunities with official online publications, blogs and newsletters
Fall Deadline is December 1, 2023
“Joining a professional association is a win-win situation for students because while they are networking with professionals, they are being praised for taking the initiative to learn more about their field of interest.”
-Alberto Stans, DigitalVision (USA Today)
National dues are $55 per year and local chapter dues are $20 (local dues are re-evaluated and determined annually). All PRSSA members must join both the Chapter at WSU and the national organization.
Students who are existing members must renew annually – paying both national and chapter dues. Students renew on the anniversary of their original membership in November or March.