Communication Director- Vancouver Campus
Communication Director- Everett Campus
Apply to the Executive Board by Nov.30 here!
“PRSSA is led by the National Committee, a group of students and professionals dedicated to assisting public relations students. These volunteers are a resource to help you, and we encourage all PRSSA members to get to know the current National Committee.”
Leadership in PRSSA involves an application and interview process. Leaders are typically juniors and seniors who are pre-certified in The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication. However, leadership roles are not limited to communication majors. Leaders serve anywhere from 1-3 year terms.
The executive team is expected to commit 5-15 hours per week to PRSSA. The leadership group meets monthly, in addition to attending PRSSA member meetings, events and meet-ups. Leadership is also given special access and preference for exclusive member events sponsored by the club or college such as Murrow Symposium, PRSSA’s of the Palouse meetups with professionals in Spokane and PRSSA Pro Tour in Seattle.
- Vice President
- Serve as right-hand to the President, as well as helping to maintain deadlines for other execs.
- Is prepared to take the position of President the following year.
- Direct orders for posters, PRSSA stationary, club business cards, and PRSSA swag.
- Schedule all CUB tables for the year. Tables should be set up at least once a month for three hours or more.
- Support event planning for annual Murrow Symposium. Recruit members for various responsibilities and assist coordinators.
- Research PRSSA conventions in Washington state and nationwide.
- Develop and ensure all emails are sent out to PRSSA members and Murrow College students.
- Work with each officer and committee to establish financial needs; create a budget and set goals for the year of how much money to raise with the help of the Chair, Membership, Records & Finance
- Create and implement fundraising projects—preferably ones which do not require start-up money
- Contact by letters and email and send thank-you letters to those who contribute.
- Coordinate at least one community service project each semester.
- Finance & Member Director
- Coordinate and carry out effort to recruit, enlist and retain membership
- Research and contact other successful PRSSA chapters and what they do to ensure membership and growth in the following years.
- Create the communications strategies and tactics within the annual plan—to inform members of upcoming events and work with VP, Events & Fundraising to promote all membership activities
- Coordinate social activities for general membership
- Act as an information center for general membership
- Coordinate and disseminate information about PRSA Associate Membership to graduating PRSSA members
- Complete dues forms that are sent to National Headquarters
- Maintain a record of chapter members, including the permanent home address of and in-school address, email and phone of each
- Take minutes at each meeting and post to web outlets for other officers to review
- PR & Outreach Director
- Lead social media engagement (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), advertisements (including posters) and the website. Inform all members through social media the day of when and where meetings, events, and opportunities will be held. Post PR tips (ex. interview tips, internship opportunities, on campus PR activities, PR facts, etc.) to Facebook and Twitter to facilitate member engagement. Engage by asking questions. Members who answer and are consistently engaged have the opportunity to win prizes, potentially. Post at least three times a week. These can be the same on both Facebook and Twitter. Assist and facilitate the creation of all flyers and posters Review and update all social media accounts, including changing the picture and information Maintain PRSSA website Inform student news outlets (Cable 8, Daily Evergreen, KZUU) of large events going on through PRSSA Facilitate media relations between the above news outlets.
- Communication Director- Pullman Campus
- Drive student engagement by actively recruiting membersAssist WSU PRSSA leadership with duties as needed (i.e., social media, collection of dues, identify opportunities for campaigns, Murrow Symposium, Pro Tour, etc.)Organize guest speakersIdentify opportunities for networking, professional development, and career trainingContribute ideas for continuous improvement